Auslan4Everyone is for groups and organisations wanting to have fun learning some essential Auslan signs. No previous experience is required for this 90-minute online workshop. It can take place at a time that is convenient to your group.
Auslan is the majority sign language of the Australian Deaf Community. It has become increasingly popular in recent times due to the exposure of Auslan interpreters on TV.
This workshop is for anyone interested in learning some basic Auslan signs. No experience is required as it is designed for beginners - a perfect place to start - a great introduction to Auslan!
This workshop is less formal and not so workplace focused than Auslan4Organisations - Essential Workplace Signs. It covers Auslan signs you would use in everyday life, with each other. If your organisation or group wants to do something different while having a lot of fun, this workshop is for you.
A maximum of 15 people per group is preferred to ensure the Auslan tutor can interact with everyone.
The 90 minute workshop will include the following Auslan curriculum which would be tailored to your organisation or group:
- Deaf awareness - learn what to do when around Auslan users
- Introduction to Auslan - what is Auslan? who uses it? what are the differences between Auslan and English? and a bit on its history
- Introduction signs - 'hello', 'how are you', 'see you later', 'good', 'bad' and more!
- Fingerspell the alphabet as well as your name
- Seasons, weather
- Facial expressions
- You'll get plenty of practice, fun activities and quizzes
Essential Basic Signs 2
Groups enjoy the workshop so much, they return to do another one. Whether you have people returning or some new people joining in, our Auslan instructor will design the perfect program for your group. Some of the Auslan covered in Essential Basic Signs 2 include:
- Introduction sign such as 'how are you?', hello, see you later, bye, live, work, yes, thank you, what?, where, good, bad and more!
- Hobbies, seasons
- Everyday words such as 'good morning', 'again please' 'see you later' ...
- Learning emotions such as happy, sad, excited, worried, scared, hurt ...
- Introduce yourself 'What is your name?' "Where do you live?" "What is your hobby?" ...
- Auslan grammar
- and you'll get plenty of practice
|$940.50 (excl GST) max 15 people|
|on a convenient day for your organisation/group|
|Any organisation/group in Australia|
What you'll get
A Zoom meeting link will be emailed to you before the workshop.
Laptop or desktop computer
A desktop computer or laptop is best for you to interact with the activities.
Please avoid using an iPad or phone.
Certificate of Completion
All participants will receive a personalised certificate of completion. It will be emailed to you at the end of the workshop.
You will be emailed the handouts before the workshop.
What people are saying about Auslan4Everyone - Essential Basic Signs
"Thank you so much for the fantastic workshop. Our team and the youth participants learned so much and really enjoyed the way it was delivered. Hats off to the Auslan Tutor. We are already talking about scheduling the second installment!" Katja Fiedler, Youth Development Officer, City of Ballarat
'It was such an informative and engaging way to learn Auslan and so so rewarding" Youth Facilitator, City of Ballarat
After completing Auslan4Everyone - Essential Basic Signs, you would then do Auslan4Everyone - Build-on Basics or Auslan4Everyone - Essential Basic Signs 2
For more information and to design a program for your group or organisation contact: